Sunday, January 25, 2009

*takes a deep breath*

I only have a few minutes to do this until I have to be on my way to a "study session." Oh how I did not miss those. Although, the girl I study with is pretty nifty so it's never really "studying" so much as it is laughing our asses off while trying to write a decent paper. In today's case, it will be watching Underworld and Underworld: Evolution while reading and producing a reading log for said reading. We are catching up on the movies so that we can - hopefully - see the new one sometime this week or next weekend. It's going to be awesome. Oh I failed to mention we'll be doing all of this as her two-year-old son runs screaming around the house. Hah, no he usually doesn't scream ... usually. He's actually pretty funny. When we go shopping, he'll scream my name every time I leave his sight, "Kori! Kori! Where'd Kori go!" It's quite hilarious.

Here's a weekend recap for you:
Friday - Left campus around 1pm, went to Half Price Books to look for a textbook that they didn't have and also wrestled with myself more than I should have about expanding my Agatha Christie collection (needless to say, I did not), got home around 2pm, ate, then the homework began and did not end until 9pm when I sat down to watch Numbers because my brain was completely fried. Now, about that text book I didn't find. It wasn't a "required" textbook for the class because it's available on the Uni's Net Library, although only two people can access it at a time. Good news though. When I got on the Net Library to do my required reading from the textbook, it totally let me copy and paste it into Word. So now I don't even have to buy the book. I can just get it for free! Man, I'm awesome.
Saturday - Woke up about 9:15am, Dad made me pancakes with shaved chocolate mixed in (yum), then the homework began once again and did not end until about 9pm. I did find, however, that to keep my brain from turning into jelly, all I have to do is watch Harry Potter as I do my homework. So I guess you could say that HP is kind of like my sanity. It's quite weird, actually. Oh well, it works.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, busy day. I love chocolate pancakes!

    And, I've decided to do the Amazon contest next year, because I talked to my teacher and we could get it done, but not as done as I would like it to be, and it'd be a major bummer to put it in a contest or something and not even have it come through the first round... it could hurt my writing :P

    So, I'm not dropping out! Gotta tell myself that.. just making sure it's as best it can be (hey, I have what... 80 years left?)

    Anyways.. about the HP-sanity, when I need to write a ton I listen to "I've got a dark alley and a bad idea that says you should shut your mouth" (One of fall-out-boys slower songs actually.. I don't even like it the most) and go on write-or-die, and I can write forever. So i get what you mean by watching the Harry Potter.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete