Thursday, January 15, 2009

Losing the Battle

No new excerpt today. I apologize. I'm really trying to get this re-write finished, but I really have this job dilemma on my mind. It's quite ridiculous actually. I mean really, if I don't figure out what the hell I need to do to get into publishing, then I'm going to end up working at the local library. That would be cool and all, but I'll have a B.A. for goodness sake! I really need to move out ... I'm losing it. And it doesn't help when everyone thinks I'm twelve. Dude, really, I'm not kidding. Guys don't even look at me because they think I'm so young, it's ridiculous. I tell people I'm in college and this is always the conversation.

People: "Oh really? How old are you?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm about to graduate and I just finished writing two novels. I'm trying to get published."
People: "Oh that's so great for you. Are you a genius or are you really about to turn 21?"
Me: AHHHH!

They always think I'm joshing. Sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that sucks. I don't think you're twelve.

    But look at it like this. At least the opposite sex isn't interested because they think you look young as opposed to thinking you're unattractive or better suited as 'just a friend'.

    (Issues? Me? Never. *twitch*).

    ReplyDelete