Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dude ... Really

Interesting day today, although not really. All I did was work on my re-write and get adjusted at the good ol' chiropractor. This re-write is taking everything I have. I haven't been able to work on The Great Funnel at all.

So here is my predicament at the present time. I'm trying to figure out what job field I am going to pursue next year when I graduate. Believe me, I really need a job upon graduation because I HAVE, keyword, HAVE to move out of my parents' house. It's utterly ridiculous that I am still living here. Well, kind of ridiculous. They don't want me to work during school, which is awesome because I can write a lot, but not awesome because I'm stuck living here. Oh well. But really, I need to find a potential job. My B.A. will be in English. I'm looking into being a literary agent, although not right off of course. Or maybe in the publishing area? Dude, I really don't know. Anything to do with the book publishing process. Of course I wish I could live off my writing, but that's not going to happen unless I can convince people I'm really J.K. Rowling. No, that probably won't work. Any ideas?

Okay children! (Don't worry, I call everyone that, even my parents.) Here is the next excerpt from Beautiful Disruption, although not related to yesterday's. I was re-writing this scene just now because it's super fun. Apparently, A & E have made up and it's been about a month or so actually. Now, just so you aren't confused. At this point, he knows that she's a vamp. Hope you like it!

------------

Andria entered Evan's room, finding him sprawled across the bed playing video games.

“I guess you haven’t grown bored of your old interests.” She said, standing in the doorway.

“Hold on, I’m almost finished.” He said.

Andria thought about his response for a minute, wanting to wait as he said, but she remembered that before she had overheard Marcus and Josh, she had been dying to see Evan. Needing to see him really.

She walked towards him and sat down right in front of him, facing the television.

“Andria, I can’t see.” He said, moving to look around her.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She moved in front of him again. “Is that better?”

“Not really, no.” He said, still intent on the game as he craned his neck to see around her. He was about to win, but he couldn’t see with her sitting in front of him.

“Okay, let me move over.” She said, again moving in front of him.

Finally he realized what she was doing and didn’t even bother to finish the game because he was going to lose anyway. He threw the controller on the floor and grabbed her around the waist. “Oh well, that games sucks anyway.”

She looked at the screen. “Only because you lost,” she said comically.

“I only lost because you were sitting in front of my face.” He retorted.

“Oh really, well I’m sorry. Maybe I will just leave then.” She said, standing up.

“Andria, don’t leave, I was only –“

She jumped on him, cutting off his sentence, and pinned him under her so he couldn’t move. “You were only …?”

“I was only … “ He started to say, but the closeness of her body was too much to ignore. He reached up and kissed her hard on the mouth.She lowered her body fully on top of his, feeling all of him under her, and making his mind do flips and jumps as it contemplated her closeness.

“This was your plan wasn’t it?” Evan said, barely able to pull away from her lips.

“I’m a sly little vampire, aren’t I?” She smiled at him mischievously.

He returned her smile, not able to remove the seductiveness from his face. One side of his mouth was higher than the other. “You sure are, and I love it.”

She laughed at him, sensing that she was overpowering his animal instincts, so he pulled her in for a deeper kiss, needing to taste all of her. She started to unbutton his shirt as his hands roamed up under hers. He sat up with her sitting on his lap as he took off his shirt completely, throwing it across the room. He pulled hers over her head also. Underneath she wore a silky red camisole that flowed over her skin and stomach like a seductive waterfall, causing him to want her even more. He didn’t hesitate, throwing her down on the bed before he covered her with his body.

She pulled his head toward hers, locking their lips together again and again. Then she wrapped her legs around his, securing their bodies together, as his hands felt her soft skin under shirt.

“Man, you guys are hot!”

Evan pulled away from Andria abruptly, propping himself up on both of his hands, and looked at the doorway, wondering who had interrupted such an amazing moment.

“Sarah!” Andria yelled, closing her eyes as her body went slack in embarrassment.

“You told us to come over. I was just following orders.” Sarah said, laughing. “Kelley, come here.” She motioned down the hall.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for voting on a name for my character = )
    I agree on the nickname possibilities that Robert has and it really is a hot name lolz ; )
    that excerpt was very descriptive... I was laughing at the end though... oh Sarah = D
    I like her though, lolz... she's probably one of your funniest characters!
    what do have in mind so far for a job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I currently have in mind for a job would be a literary agent. Although, I can't find anywhere as to what it takes to actually become one. I'm wondering whether there is special schooling, or what. Idk. I could also see myself in the editing field or even as an assistant to a publisher right out of school. But I'm really leaning more towards the literary agent thing right now. Do you have any super ideas?

    ReplyDelete