Wednesday, January 21, 2009

*sigh*

School started today and what a day it was. Let me tell you about it.
Computers and Writing 8:00-8:50am: I have a feeling that this is going to be my favorite class this semester. We have to read and write basic HTML, create a website, write in a blog, use a wiki, etc. Doesn't that sound awesome! Btw, the professor sounds really cool. I love this whole implementing technology into college courses. So many more professors need to do that. Classes are so bland these days, which is why no one comes.
History of American Literature 9:00-9:50am: Professor is really super nice and easy going. He's never taught this course before, so his expectations of the class is to read as much as we can (from the assigned text, unfortunately). We have one term paper over a novel we get to pick from a list; 2,500 words, so easy! Then we keep a reading log of everything read. Could it get any easier?
Structures of Modern English 10:00-10:50am: This might be one of two difficult classes. Well, maybe not difficult, but definitely time consuming. This is the closest that English gets to Math, which I don't mind. Pretty much, we diagram sentences... Professor seems pretty nice. Her wicked German accent makes her fierce though.
Intensive Latin 3&4 11:00am-1:00pm: Not hard. The intensive word makes it sound difficult, but that only means we do levels 3&4 in one semester instead of two. That's fine with me though because I'm finished with it after this semester. It's not really all that rushed either. You would think that it would be faster, but it's not. If it were only one level per semester, I would be so bored. It does keep you on your toes though and it's definitely time consuming. Professor is awesome, but I had him last semester too. He's super fun and likes to make Latin interesting by substituting 'jerk' for the people in the sentence who are being stupid.

I got this from Murderati. Technically, they didn't send it to me. I'm just kind of ... stealing it.

16 Random Things About Me:

(1) I wear a lot of black. No not Gothic style. But I do this because I like black. It's easy for me to wear, I feel comfortable, and I can wear bright colored converse to top it off.

(2) I hate my university. The classes have in no way benefited my writing simply because the only writing assignments I am ever required to do are so simple: read the text and summarize or read the text and apply it to another piece of literature. Can you say boring? That's why I'm looking forward to my Computers and Writing course this semester because it isn't all about summarizing meaningless stuff no one has ever heard of.

(3) My first two years of college, I was an Aerospace Engineering major and maintained a 3.8 GPA. I wanted to be a rocket scientist. I still do too, but I got really bored.

(4) I read more books from the kid and teen section rather than the adult. The kid section is my favorite though: Harry Potter, Leven Thumps...
Kid books aren't about love. They're about friendship and I like that.

(5) My favorite television show is Lost, but I secretly watch Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill too. Don't tell anyone.

(6) I haven't had a boyfriend in almost two years, simply because I'm too picky. No one ever meets my standards or my family's.

(7) I secretly want to drop out of school and become a spy.

(8) I'd join the military if I didn't have to go to war.

(9) I don't like crowds of people I don't know. It terrifies me.

(10) I'm probably the most organized person you have ever met. If I could live off being a personal organizer, I would because that's how much it thrills me.

(11) I don't like forums, but I do like meeting people online who are writers, like me. It makes me feel wanted and accepted. None of my family really understands what I write about. They all think I'm secretly deranged.

(12) When I was in high school, my mom threw away all of my books because she didn't like the content: vampires, etc. I cried.

(13) I treat my cat as if she's my child, which is really awesome by the way. She's spoiled.

(14) Right now, I can't get past a certain point in "Stone of Tears" by Terry Goodkind because it's too sad. I don't know if I'll ever finish that book and it's only number two of like twelve.

(15) I don't want to go to grad school.

(16) I think I want to be a literary agent.

Wow, that was amazingly difficult.

2 comments:

  1. Harry Potter not about love? I think you should read that series again :P .

    I, too, wear a lot of black, and not in a goth kind of way. I'm also with you on the crowds of people I don't know thing.

    And holy crap... an ENTIRE CLASS devoted to diagramming sentences? First, how the heck does that even last a whole semester? Second, I feel SO sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Harry Potter too. It's pretty good. I've never heard of the Stone of Tears though.. same with that spy book. I looked them up in the library OPAC but it wasn't there.

    I think I might actually steal this.. if you don't mind, or find one of those things on facebook that peoples are always doing. I'll save that for sometime when I can't think of anything to say.

    And, final, I want to be an English teacher! But I have a long way to go with grammar. lol

    ReplyDelete