Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hopped Up On Heroine

So writing this Freud paper has been difficult, but I am powering through it while keeping hold of my sanity. Even though Freud considered himself higher than the rest of earth's population (he claimed to dream in language and not pictures like the rest of us and language is a step up from pictures) I still can't help but have a slight respect for him. Afterall, he did take intimate time out of his life to fully develop his dream interpretation theories which some people completely believe. I do not believe in them - partly because he was a druggie and drugs distort your mind - mostly because I have seen different evidence for the reasoning behind dreams which make more sense. If I were to completely take stock in Freud's theories then where would my second manuscript (see first post for original dream) be right now? Probably not as developed as it is, but on the other hand it could have turned into a story about sleeping with my mother (because to Freud every underlying dream meaning is sexual). But no, I don't choose to follow Freud, thus my dream manuscript is being developed in a rational way which isn't psychotic or hopped up on heroine.

Moving on.
I'm excited that HoN was bumped up to #3 right behind Twilight. P.C. and Kristen Cast definitely deserve that high recommendation as authors, although I personally enjoy Zoey over Bella (my opinion, not yours). Zoey is more like how I strive to be and Bella is nowhere near my personality or what I strive to be. If I could take any of Zoey's traits it would be her leadership ability and strength. I've been told that I am a leader, but if that's true then I don't want the job because it makes me feel so uncomfortable. People don't follow me, they just annoy me. But seeing as how the HoN doesn't really exist (shucks) and no one will be biologically transforming into vampires anytime soon I figure it's best to just get through life the easiest way possible: in the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment