Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dating Hinder

I discovered an amazing quote today which I posted as my "tag line". I am reading Freud's Interpretation of Dreams for Textual Analysis and the quote is actually in a foot note because he references it. I read it and a whole new world opened in front of my eyes. I knew the idea behind it prior to reading this quote but I had never come across the reason established so clearly. It is really great and absolutely true. We, as people, do not understand another person until we share a hardship with that person.

A battle has been going on in my head today about whether or not I want to start dating again. I haven't been on more than a second date since my most recent breakup which was a little over a year ago. I knew that partly it was because I was still emotionally attached to my ex because of how abrupt the relationship ended, but I'm not sure what is holding me back now. Do I want to say yes to a dating offer? Do I have the time to date? Will I be sacrificing what I love to date? Do I even have the emotional need to date? I don't think I do, but I want someone who cares for me in that way I just don't want to work to establish the platform. I just want it to happen. Geez, I'm retarded. Everything takes work, especially establishing such a relationship, but I'm not sure I'm willing to work to get there. At least not at this point in time. I'm much more content with working on my stories and reading the latest and greatest novel.
Which brings me to the fact that I don't blog about anything that actually matters, so that pretty much answers my own questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment