Friday, October 24, 2008

No Freakers Ball For Me

I always hear people say, "No one wants to grow up to be a serial killer or a garbage man," but what about people who make bad grades. Do they want to grow up to "make bad grades?" I don't think so, because why would you want to diminish yourself so? I know I don't like to make bad grades. In fact, I've managed to hold my 3.8 until my junior year, but now (thanks to Textual Analysis and Dr. Frank) I might lose everything I have worked for because of one class. Which, by the way, I have to have to take every other higher level class. But hello? Why is a Graduate professor teaching an Undergraduate class? Please someone explain it to me. By personal opinion of most of the class, she expects way too much for only giving us sophomore level credits. This should be a senior class as far as I'm concerned. Seriously though, if I don't connect with Jameson, in what might have to be an intimate way, I am going to get a C out of this class and if I do I will cry. How threatening right? Well it's threatening to my sanity and health. Am I a little over the top about this? Please tell me.

So what really causes my blood to boil is that if I have to reread forty pages of uninterpretable Jameson this weekend (Frank is giving us an in-class rewrite - yes thank you for that - but way hard), then I will have no free time to work on my manuscripts AND it will diminish any chance of a pretend happy face that I would have put on at my niece's birthday party (only pretend because of her annoyingly nosy adoptive father). And by the way, Freakers Ball is on Halloween ... can't go because of Jameson! What a drag.

Okay enough bitching for today ... off to pass a Latin quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment