Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Change in the Times

I am always amazed at how fast things seem to change. One minute I'm still hung up on my long lost boyfriend who left for Iraq without even a goodbye and the next minute I'm falling for a guy I barely know even though he's claimed for months that he's going to marry me (assumptions like that used to ward me off, but this time it's pretty enticing). I'm enjoying this current loop in my rollercoaster of life and am equally anxious to see what station I will end up in. Usually new guys are exciting to me at first but then I move on quickly because I am successful in finding something I don't like about them, but this time is different all around. I've been casually texting him for about a month and I have yet to lose interest or be annoyed. He's kept a perfect distance - sometimes close, but then distant enough for me to miss his presence in my phone - and is also capable of an interesting conversation. Although there is one bad thing about him: he works with my mom. Which is how I met him actually. He called my mom his future mother-in-law until he gave her his number to give to me one day. We've talked ever since, but not until yesterday did I agree to actually go out with him because of the aforementioned retard of an ex. I'm quite happy as to where my social life is headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment