Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thank God the Holidays Are Over

Three more weeks until the spring semester begins. Usually I'm completely bored at this point, but I'm actually not. For once I am enjoying doing nothing but pleasing myself. It's quite a change, I must admit.

In the past I found myself wanting to be apart of the New Year's Eve festivities and never going anywhere, but this year I was actually invited to something but I declined. It has occurred to me that I may be completely off my rocker for declining, but I don't regret doing so. You see, here is my dilemma. I was invited to go out with some people that I grew up with. We grew up in church together since we were babies and then eventually most of us went to the same high school. Pretty much, we were inseparable. Well, we used to have almost everything in common back then, but now we don't. I haven't seen any of them in a year or more and today I got a text message asking if I wanted to join them for New Year festivities tonight. Well, I declined without even thinking twice about it. This is my main problem with holidays. Everyone always sees it as a time to reconnect with people from their past, but why holidays? I thought holidays were for current family and friends, not to make old connections just because it's a "special" time of year. But why not any other day of the year? No, they choose this one day, this stupid day, to talk to me because they think they have a reason. They have no reason. I mean, where do people get this stuff? I kind of see it as ruining my holiday when people who haven't talked to me in over a year just automatically assume I'm going to want to hang out with them on the biggest party night of the year. Really? No, I think it's them that's off their rockers. I mean, come on. That's freaking retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment