Friday, October 2, 2009

Oh, yes. It's almost November.

OMG! It's been almost a month since my last post. I am such a horrible person.

Okay, so I'm really excited about something. Care to take a guess about what?

Anyone?

No? ....... Well, okay, I'll tell you.

I'm excited about ............


National Novel Writing Month!!!!
(from here on out, referred to as NaNoWriMo)


Is anyone else doing it this year? You guys really should, especially for motivation to finish those books you're still trying to piece together! And hey, I'll even be your mentor! Well ... if you want me to, of course.

But either way, it's going to be awesome!

I don't want to talk about what I'm going to write just yet because it's not completely decided on. But what I have in mind is a mainstream fiction, based on a true story type thing. It's still fiction though.

Anyway, here is my profile. Check it out! Oh and join too! Then add me!



You guys rock.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for NaNoWriMo!

    I read this and started my planning for NaNo... I have a story idea now - It's about ghosts and humans, and sorta getting the ghosts to be able to get into their new life.

    The only problem is (okay, a really, really small problem i don't have to face until November 30th) is that I can't decide weather the MMC (Nike) of the book should stay with the FMC (Echo) in the end, or not. (Horribly, I've ran myself into one of those my-life things, and I can't decide whether my dude would actually bother to stay at all :| ugh. And I thought I was doing a good job at avoiding this. I spoke way too soon!)

    Haha. And good luck in advance for NaNo... do you plan a lot ahead, or just go along with it? I get too excited to do nothing!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you're going to do it this year! The story sounds interesting. I can't wait to read it. If you'll let me, of course.

    Ugh, those awful my-life conflicts. SO difficult. But maybe you'll figure it out in the end. But it's not about writing the right story, it's about writing A story. Either way, it'll work out.

    I didn't plan at all for NaNo last year because I joined two weeks in, but this year I am planning ahead because of school kicking my butt. I seriously just finished mapping out a study/NaNo/work schedule for the month of November. I'm with you, I'm too excited to just sit here and wait for it to approach. Oh and I'm also doing homework now that is due in November that I can go ahead and do. That way school isn't such a huge drag.

    What all have you done to start planning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really plan last year either, but I really am this year - I have an half-page character profile for the main characters (almost finished) and 3 pages of main event jot notes. I'm also going to somehow figure out the rules/traditions etc. of the ghosts, and how they're different from humans (1: they occasionally fall through solid objects, especially the kids).

    Haha, I made a work schedule too! I'm doing all my term projects around now, so I don't have to do much later. I hope, at least. A calender sounds like a REALLY good idea! :P

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete