Friday, June 26, 2009

What Gives You Chills?

I'm becoming a sucky blogger again. Twitter is taking over ... and it's amazing! Haha. Dang iPhone doesn't help either. I'm slowly falling into the black hole of the Twit as we speak. It's just so dang accessible. That was a good marketing strategy on their part.

Dear Twitter,

You kick so much ass.

Love,
Kori


The topic today is What Gives You Chills?

Now, that could be a variety of things, people, and/or feelings. Although chills are a feeling because you, well, feel them. But you know what I mean.

I'll start.

One Thing That Gives Me Chills.
Meeting dedicated writers online and getting a random email from them with an excerpt of their completed manuscript and loving every word of it.

Literally.

It's ridiculous how many agents deny new writers the opportunity to get their unique voice heard ... especially when their work kicks so much ass! That baffles me to every extent. It also makes my heart break because here I am, the only person who has read any portion of this writer's final draft and it's so good that I want everyone in the world to read it but they can't because THEY KEEP GETTING REJECTION LETTERS FROM AGENTS!!!

Who needs agents anyway right? RIGHT?

Well, I do and so does every other new author. Unless they have a really fantastic lawyer that is super cheap. That way they can sell directly to the publisher and make a difference in our crappy world faster than they would by going through an agent.

Attention agents: I love you guys (and your work ethics [well, some of your work ethics]) to death! But you guys really can suck.

XOXO
(I've been watching too much Gossip Girl)

Kori

3 comments:

  1. I just got Empyrean back from my teacher - LOTS of things written, I get why it took him a while. I'm almost terrified, but more excited to start editing... but really I can't wait :P

    I wish it was as easy to publish stuff as on Sims 3 - seriously, all you do is write, then email a few chapters, and they give you money. It's SO simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's so awesome. I'm still stuck on the regular Sims. I can't ever get to the actual part of playing because I'm always building houses that are SO awesome! Oh silly me.

    It's good that he took a while to really look at Empyrean. Good for two reasons: it means he actually read it, and that gave you enough time to distance yourself from it before the first rewrite. That always helps because then you aren't as attached to each scene. Plus, you get to go back and re-read what you wrote and you're always amazed that you actually wrote it to begin with. At least, that's what happens to me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. meeting writers and getting excerpts of their manuscripts also gives me chills =]
    and its sad that so many authors out there are never really given a chance... D=

    haha there's no such thing as watching too much Gossip Girl ;]

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete