Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm Writing Again ... Surprise!

All right, I have some exciting news. Are you ready for it? .... I don't think you are, but I'm telling you anyway.

Drum roll please.

............................

I'm partnering with my mom to ....... Write a Cookbook!! hahaha

Yeah, you weren't ready for that. I knew it.

Reasoning? Well, I've been in a writing slump for about 10 months now because of my current job. It takes all of my creativity out of me and I haven't found a solid way to get it back yet. Also, I've been on my own now (out of my parents' house, that is) for the better part of 5 months and ever since moving out, I've found my love of cooking. I experiment, try new things, but mostly I make meals out of left over ingredients that I didn't use in my single serving meal from the night before. I don't enjoy left overs so I just make one serving of the meal and use the left over ingredients for something else. It's quite inventive, if I do say so myself. Which I did! I am!

Now, I have questions for you all. Being the up and coming generation that you are, what are some of your favorite meals, snacks, drinks, etc? What I'm going to do to start with is get different ideas, make them, but make them healthier! Without losing the yumminess, of course.

So come on, it's your turn! Comment with your favorites!

4 comments:

  1. I think writing a cookbook is awesome... Like you, I also love to experiment in the kitchen :)

    lets see... well, a few of my favorite deserts have to be chocolate brownies, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (trust me, it's DELICIOUS) and I love soups! any kind; pea soup, carrot soup, tomato soup, minestrone all of it is just... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rochelle! I wrote all those down :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. me again... I do this all the time, and my kids have never starved... basically, a meat (chicken, ground beef, sausage, tuna), a starch (rice, potatoes, pasta), veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, corn, whatever is around, either fresh, frozen, or canned). These can be freshly cooked, leftover, or a combination. Often I will use packaged flavored rices or pasta sides. but I'm sure you can throw together spices that will compliment from scratch. Think of a theme or country--mexican, chinese, italin, american--and spice away! enjoy! :-] d'anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I cooked chicken mole from scratch yesterday. Complicated, yes, but well worth it for the end result. Let me know if you want the recipe!



    http://treacherous-affair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete