Friday, August 21, 2009

Oh, yes.

There isn't much for me to update, seeing as how I've been reworking my entire room/life this past week of my summer. Yes, college refers to the week break that I get as summer. Super.

I'm still stuck on chapter 10 of TGF. I have a new friend/interest that has opened my eyes to my writer's block, although it hasn't helped it to unblock. Either way, I still know why I'm having trouble. Apparently I'm writing the MMC extremely close to my current life situation. Do I want to be satisfied with the single, successful life of a writer (using successful as a term not mirroring money), or am I, the soon-to-be college graduate, longing for my actual life to begin (husband, family, career)? I still haven't chosen. But neither has Matthew. Does he want to stay in his rightful place in Hell as Keeper and ruler, or does he want to go back to his life as a human reincarnate and be with Hannah? Oh, the indecision.

The Fall semester starts on Monday. Here is my class list.
History of Civilization
Advanced Exposition
Russian Lit
Post-Colonial Lit

Sound interesting? I don't think it will be super awesome, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Anyone enjoying tax-free weekend? I'm staying as far away as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a really short "summer". Mine is almost over - school starts on the 8th, horribly enough.

    I've never written my characters into delemas I have, but one of my friends did and it took a LONG time for her to figure it out. I think either way you (and Matthew, lol) will have sucess.

    A tax-free weekend? That's something we don't get up here :P. Sounds amazing, but I bet everything's REALLY busy!

    Have fun with your classes!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, we also don't get tax-free weekends up where I live. if we ever did, I actually think my mum would go into shock lol.
    that's not fun to be stuck on a chapter... =( I did send you an e-mail though, so if you ever need help, all you have to do is ask. I also mentioned something about my story, but alas, I forgot that it is practically the end of summer and that you will be busy with not only your writing, but school and work as well, oh well.
    I hope everything will work out for you and your story =)
    have a good first day back!

    rochelle

    ReplyDelete