Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Brain is Turning to Mush Thanks to the World We All Know as Crap

WARNING Professor Hinnen, please do not continue reading because this post may contain English 3372 bashing.

Think about it. One of my professors "follows" my blog because, well, it's a computer class. So pretty much I have posted nothing this semester because of said horrendous computer class that I am about to wish a horrible death. Not only do I have way too much homework this semester, I also have a job. A fantastic job at that. The job I will have when I graduate (although definitely a higher position by then, as well as the possibility of running my boss's website and co-writing his books). Now, I adore said job and would enjoy nothing more than being able to give my all to the cause I very much believe in: Corrective Chiropractic. With that said, let me explain why I am so frustrated this semester.

1) Computers and Writing sucks
I loved the proposed idea for the class when I signed up. I didn't need to take this class, but it sounded like a fun way to get my computer credit accomplished. Boy was I wrong. The first month I was in heaven ... now I'm in Hell. Not only was the reading material complete crap, but we never got to work on our projects in class as promised. Oh and the small fact that most of our assignments have been to make web pages. I love web design like I love writing. I do not like designing a web page when I don't have the proper software. We were expected to do the assignments in class, yet were never given time to work on it. We were expected to come up to the computer lab to use the program if we didn't get the assignments finished in class. I live so freaking far from the school. We had the option to dl the software and use it at home. Great! The damn trial version ends in 30 days and the program costs $300! Hell no. And now we get to make our own page in the class wiki. Stupid I'm not giving my entire paycheck to UTA just so that someone can ruin my grade by editing my page. Ridiculous

2) History of World Lit sucks
I thought the professor was really cool the first week of class. All we have to do is read the assignment, take a quiz (sometimes) and do additional reading for reading logs. Easy. Not! The readings suck, the quizzes are easy, the readings put me to sleep, the reading log grading system sucks, the readings make me want to shoot myself. Need I say more?

3) Structures of the English Language sucks
I thought, "Easy as pie. I can diagram sentences." Wrong. Talk about math with words. I like math, sure, no problem with me, if they are numbers and letters, not entire words!

4&5) Latin sucks
Now, I say four and five because Latin 3&4 are intensive, which means I'm taking two classes in one instead them being split into different semesters. I love Latin as a language, but the homework required is ridiculously over the top. I love my professor, the professor I have had for a year now. He is awesome and inspiring and I have never had a professor that can meet his standards as far as a role model goes. If I didn't work, I wouldn't mind doing the homework because I would be slightly bored anyway. But I do work, so the homework sucks.

All-in-all, this semester sucks.

Three more weeks. Finally.

Oh and not to mention that my writing is taking the entire weight of all this dumb ass crap I have to do for no reason at all. Uni curriculum sucks.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Maybe you should quit blogging and venting and do your homework." Screw you. Blogging is very important to me. Without it my writing would suffer and I wouldn't have awesome net-friends like Rochelle and Sarah. If it's so important to you then you quit reading this post.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds tough... but don't quit your blog! It seems like the only bit of sanity you have right now.

    and I haven'y heard of Evernight or Storm Born, but they both sound pretty good... I'm gunna check my library to see if they have them (and if not I'll have to wait - I'm out of money :( lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brave!! But I feel your pain! FML!! American Lit, not World Lit!

    ReplyDelete